This section is subtitled An Instruction Manual for the Studio.
I don’t have need of a studio, but I certainly need a workspace.
Over the next 14 weeks I will be covering the following steps:
- Start working when you get up
- Make your mark
- Get some perspective
- Imitate… then separate
- Use your studio
- Picasso and Matisse at the border
- Embed thought in the material
- Art is a flatworm
- Listen to the wildest voices in your head
- Find your own voice. Then exaggerate it
- Clear the studio
- There are no wasted days
- Know what you hate
- Finish the damn thing!
I will be doing a post every Monday about that week’s step and then posting the following Sunday about how the step worked for me. I’ll figure out how to be an artist, I’m sure.