I have been reading and writing.
Reading way more than writing, which is something, I guess.
Things I read this past week:
You should drink until you can’t remember the night you just had, but not drink if you are trying to forget the day ahead of you.Unknown
I think that’s our job as artists, to chase the inspiration that doesn’t let you go.Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Joan Didion, author and journalist, dead at 87
- Scientists in Canada took the world’s most detailed look yet at Omicron. Here’s what they saw
One must work and dare if one really wants to live.Vincent Van Gogh
- The Ethical Slut, Third Edition
- Desmond Tutu, South African equality activist and Nobel Peace Prize winner, dead at 90
- Christmas Is Weird: The Strange Connection Between Santa & Prostitution
- How to be an Artist
- How MLMs And Cults Use The Same Mind Control Techniques
- Show Your Work!
This is nowhere close to the kind of practice I want to have, but it’s definitely more creative than I’ve been in weeks. Christmas is a very low-key event around here and this year was as quiet as the one before it. I’m working on some stuff I started weeks ago, and they’ll eventually get published on this website… I think.
Mostly, I’ve just been trying to figure out how to be an artist and it’s coming together a bit. The new year is upon us and the world has closed up for now, so it seems like a great time to hunker down and take care of the details. And there are so many details.
Enjoy my links!